Thursday, September 24, 2009

Prone To Wander

"O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love; here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."

My tale is one of compromise. During the coarse of my journey compromise has been powerful and unique. It has had the ability to be a catalyst to truth. They say the most inate human reaction is fight or flight. This concept is far more extensive than originally intended. I believe it reaches into each and every aspect of our lives, not just the physicality of things. That is to say not just when confronted by physical harm or danger, but when confronted with any degree of anything unknown; regret, love, heartbreak, compromise. Me, I may as well have been born with bird bones; it was inevitable that I chose flight. This, however, is ironic as I chose flight as the weapon in my fight. One is bound to escape, to some degree at least, no matter the medium.

I did; I will - To the greatest degree possible.

My name is Joseph Colby.

My life is the materialization of the fine art of the possible...


1. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
2. Show Me What I'm Looking For-Carolina Liar
3. Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight-Amos Lee
4. The Call-Regina Spektor
5. Going North-Missy Higgins
6. Doubting Thomas-Nickel Creek
7. Never Knew-The Rocket Summer
8. Prelude To A Kiss-Alicia Keys
9. Time-Billy Porter
10. Wheel-John Mayer
11. Gaia-James Taylor
12. This Way-The Morning Light
13. I Believe-Blessid Union of Souls
14. Have a Little Faith In Me-John Hiatt

No comments:

Post a Comment